Monday, August 31, 2009

Stairs

I am painting the Banister and post tonight. I saw in a magazine someone had painted their banister and post grey and I thought it would look really pretty with the wall color and brick so I am copying them. I have not decided what color to paint the steps but I will most likely strip them of the brown paint and refinish the wood to match the floors.

I was investigating the wallpaper under the wood panelling last night and I uncovered 6 different papers. I am charging my camera at the moment but I will post a pic of them later. Can you imagine wall papering over and over?

I think I am going to buy a power saw tomorrow so I can build the half wall we are going to put in the entry way. We still need to tear down the wall, which we started doing yesterday but stopped because we were not in the mood to remove more plaster. It is so messy, gets everywhere and I hate that I have to continually dust for days after. I guess we will do that this weekend, I cannot wait until it is down, it will make the room look so big, YAY!!!

PS: PAINTING BANISTERS IS NO FUN. ESPECIALLY GETTING BETWEEN EACH BALUSTER, SO NOT COOL:(

I have, so far, primed the railing, balusters and newel post(who knew there were so many names for the diff parts?) and I have painted the newel post the grey. I think it is going to look great with the brick and paint color, I might even paint the steps the same color. I experimented with the newel post and painted one side all grey and one side left some white. What are your thoughts on this? I think I prefer the all grey side, and by the way is it grey, gray or either??? So annoying to have two spellings of a word.

As I have mentioned, the people before us wallpapered at least 5 different times, and yesterday I took a box cutter and revealed all 5 of them. Here they are in all their GLORY:

No comments:

Post a Comment