Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Finished the stairs



I finished painting the stair rail, etc. today. I cannot believe it took me so long but painting between each baluster was time consuming. I think it looks great and I am excited to finish the stairs. Tomorrow I will try to strip the steps of the 5 layers of paint and then paint them with varnish or what ever shiny stuff you use on wood. After that is done, I will paint the risers the living room color. I know I posted almost the same picture twice but one was to show off the color I painted and one was to show the pictures I hung under the stairs. Which I am thinking I need to lower the one on the right, it looks strange.

Yesterday, I took a break from painting to give Arthur a bath and while he was drying we was being really funny with his towel. He loves to go "crazy" after his bath, I think it's his way of rebelling after such a traumatic event:)
I love this one, his nose looks huge!

1 comment:

  1. Every dog I've ever bathed has gone a little nuts after baths. I think a big part of it is that they feel all nice and clean (wouldn't you if you hadn't had a bath in a month or two??) and energized.

    ReplyDelete