Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is coming soon and I am hosting my first ever thanksgiving feast!! Can you believe it? Lees mom, stepdad, brother, and our sister-in-law are going to gather around our table and eat some bird. It will be strange to have thanksgiving at my place with out my parents. I feel this is a momentous occasion they should be a part of and I know my mom is kinda sad about it, though she has never mentioned that, I just assume she is, cause she should be. Anyway, I decided to make her feel better and keep her informed on my progress of preparing for and hosting thanksgiving.
Mom, you will be happy to know that today I:
polished the silver, labeled each dish with its contents, and finalized my shopping list

If my mom were hosting thanksgiving she would have the table already set and it would have been set a least a month in advance...FREAK!!!! But, for me, baby steps...I will probably set the table next week, I am too scared to leave my china on the table that long. And I do not have the luxury of a "formal" dining room. Tomorrow I plan to get all napkins, place mats, and silverware in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment