Saturday, October 24, 2009

Filing Cabinet

I have not posted anything in about a month and I finally have something to post. Since I don't have an office I have moved the filing cabinet to the living room and made it a side table. I had seen a cute idea to cover the front of the drawers with paper/wallpaper and thought I would try it. I am not sure I LOVE the paper now that it is on but the colors went well with everything so I stuck with it. I cannot believe how well it turned out considering the paper kept bubbling and moving around but once it dried it looked nice.
Before

Tools used

After
This isn't the best picture but you get the idea.

Lee and I started taking the entry way wall down today. We have hit a stopping point because we cannot figure out how to remove the door jamb in the room, which is in the way of removing the rest of the lathe. I am going to work on that tomorrow and hopefully I can get it finished. I forgot what a mess the plaster creates and I am dreading the clean up:(
Before
Ahh...look at that mess


No comments:

Post a Comment